Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meet One Of The Drama Cast Ogun Mawiyo Acting As (Area Mama) In SARO The Musical Play.


In SARO, Ogun Mawiyo plays the role of the 'Area mama', in SARO The Musical..

Ogun Mawiyo talks about her experience in theatre world and her excitement for SARO The Musical.
Read her interview below:

Tell Us about Your Career in Theatre?
Well, my career in the theatre started over 20 years ago… also I studied music technology, and I was trained to be a dancer and an actor also. Once in a while I also dub into the costume part of theatre..

Who/What inspired you to join saro?
Actually it was a friend that invited me to join SARO… actually I have never of SARO, so one day she called me that they having reversal that we should go together and she thinks am gonna be needed. And luckily I was given the chance to join the SARO drama and musical cast…

which other project do you do aside acting?
Well if it is not acting, then it is music…if it is not music then it is dance…



What is the biggest challenge you've faced so far in theatre?
Well for me, I think the first challenge I ever had was to be An actor when somebody was meant to play the role of a Narrator in a full length play started misbehaving and under the stage of that person, I was always reciting the person’s lines. So somebody just whispered into the directors ear that I think  Mawiyo has this line and she can actually do it… and with that particular project I was able to tour 10 universities in Nigeria as an Actor for the first time in my life and it was a worth while experience and since then have told acting Bring it on….


What role are you gonna be playing in SARO?
(laughs) I think am one of the utility person in SARO The Musical…am actually the lead chant person  and am also playing the part of the Area Mama in SARO The Musical.

How do u feel taking part in SARO Musical?


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well I let God lead me…

Which other special ability do you want to discover?
Maybe Photography.. because have always loved colours and also directing, have tried that once and I Loved it..

What is your favorite inspirational quotes that you live by?
My favourite quote is (I Can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me).

No comments:

Post a Comment