Sunday, October 27, 2013

SARO THE MUSICAL: FEEDBACK – Students of Pine Field College, Temple, Waterman, Grange and more speak about SARO

Students of Pine Sacred Hearts High School, Edo State

Interview by Amauche Anierobi 

Students from Pine Field School, Temple School, Waterman College, Grange School, Sacred Heart High school, Edo State are few of the students that attended the students’ shows {11am} on the first two days {25th & 26th Oct.,) of Saro The Musical.

Here the students speak share their opinion about the musical and how it should be a regular event to help promote cultural knowledge.


Read full interview below....

Student 1:

My name is S Ofonedu from Pine Field College, year 9
When they first told me, we were coming for SARO, I thought it was going to be a boring play but right now I actually feel okay. It was really nice, infact, it was fantabulous.

Student 2:

My name is Oluchi E. (Pine Field College)

When you were told that you were going to come for a musical in Nigeria, what was your first reaction?
I thought it was all about people playing different instruments and that would be all cause they said it was a musical thing

Now that you have experienced it, how would you describe your feeling right now?
I was amazed, it was so good, I lack words to describe it. It was more shocking knowing it was performed in Nigeria

Student 3:

My name Faderarah Olatunde 13, (Pine Field College)

Was it only the year 10 students that came for this show?
No, the juniors came as well.

How are you feeling now, after watching SARO?
I’m really excited, It was really good, I really enjoyed it. It was a great experience. The actors and the dancers did really well.

Was it below your expectations or above your expectations?
It was way above my expectations, I actually thought I was going to watch a black and white history of Nigeria but would be boring, but I was actually interested in what they did.



Student 4:

My name is Olama Echigbewa (Temple School)

What is your reaction after watching SARO the musical?
I was so happy because they combined a lot of traditions together and it was super really nice

Did it meet your imagination?
It actually beat my imagination.

Student 5:

My name is Teniola (Pine field college)

When they told you that you were going to come to see a musical in Nigeria, what was your first reaction?
I felt it would be nice to see the history of Nigeria. Although, I thought it was going to be more of the village setting, like more African Magic though

So were you disappointed by what you saw here today?
Not at all, It was wonderful, It was spectacular and it did beat my imagination.

Student 6:

My name is Ezinne C (Temple school)

When they told you that you were going to come to see a musical in Nigeria, what was your first reaction?
I heard it was going to be a movie with the different traditions. When I came here and started watching it, I saw different traditions and music from different times mixed together. Like they used Felas’ music and the way Fela composed is own different style of songs

So were you disappointed by what you saw here today?
No, I wasn’t.

How are you feeling now, after watching SARO?
I feel like I will be super glad if I get invited the next time something like this comes up

 Student 7:

My name is Kester H. Meadow Hall.
It was nice, it was very interesting and very informative and I really enjoyed it

Student 8:

My name is Hope Uzoma (Sacred Heart High school in Edo state)

Did you come all the way from Edo state to watch the show?
Yes. SARO made me remember a lot about Fela Kuti. It also showed things going on in Lagos state and I really enjoyed it

Student 9:

My name is Olaoluwa Boluwatife (Sacred Heart High school in Edo state)

Wow, I have never really watched a live play before. I’m use to watching movies but I really enjoyed this and I’m hoping to come back again, it was really fun.

Student 10:

My name is Jane N. Day (Waterman College)

I think SARO was a very interesting play to watch. I like the songs, the choreography, the costumes, the characters and I like the way it embraces Nigerias Culture and heritage not just the modern stuffs, it actually goes back into the past, into the more cultural stuff and I like that fact


No comments:

Post a Comment